With the reputation of being the smallest pet dog being kept by humans from the larger Spitz dog family, the Pomeranians are also known to bark and may just be a nuisance as well. This calls for the acquisition of a suitable bark collar for Pomeranians.
This may prove to be quite a big challenge and may call for concerted efforts in looking for the most relevant dog collar in the market just to suit the physique of the dog. Pomeranians can as well bite if pushed to the wall or better still bark at its opponent. This barking is usually sent most people nuts.
Because of their diminutive size, this group of canines loves to stay in groups, and the mere fact that it is isolated may result into continuous barking. Vets have always experimented with these dogs and found that being sociable; it may not be an easy task merely stopping the barking through commands. The best way to stop the barking had to be found and humane it had to be.
Certain anti-barking devices may not pass as the bark collar for Pomeranian dogs because of their reputation. In most of the recommended methods, veterinarians are of the opinion that learning is a gradual process, and so the owner needs to take time in making the dog get used to the methods.
Anti bark collars– these come in all sizes and may be the best for training these dogs to stop barking. The collars are known to be in different sizes and are also adjustable for comfort. The collars used on the Pomeranian dog are the one with the ultrasonic control mechanism.
These ultrasonic collars are known to exploit the use of ultrasound in their operations and may be quite effective in the detection of the dog bark before it takes place and server as a deterrent. The frequency of the pitch may be adjusted to suit the size of the dog in question.
The use of bark collars must always depend on the diverse factors which are at play at the time the dog barking needs to be controlled. One of these is coaching which has to be done consistently. Just like Rome was never built in one day, dogs cannot learn to stop barking within a day.
How To Choosing The Bark Collar for Pomeranian Dogs
It is imperative to consider the following;
- The area where you stay– the neighbors may be complaining about your dog making excessive noise. The choice of an effective anti-barking device is the solution here. In addition, being surrounded by neighbors whose dogs are making for your noise may need you to install some ultrasound anti-baking devices with remote control function close to the fence to keep the dog away from your fence as much as you can.
- The size of the dog– dog size also matter when selecting an anti barking device for your Pomeranian dog. Because of their size, these require smaller sized collars for the neck. Larger sized dogs may need large neck collars, and as the dog grows in stature, fresh collars may be needed.
- The features– the mere sight of the features of an anti barking dog barking device will serve as its first selling point. Good bark collar for Pomeranian dogs needs to have the ease or to recharge its system. Because of the nature of the shock, ultrasound or spray, they need always to have the charge.
- Ease of use– while this may not be a factor for some of the anti-barking collar devices, the mere fact that the anti-dog bark device can be easily used may add its profile. Most of the easy to use bark collars are remote controlled devices which you can control from the comfort of your seat.
- All weather– some of the anti dog collar devices may be limited by weather, this may prove to be an uphill task when it is raining. A goods collar needs to work no matter the weather.
The bark collar for Pomeranian Dogs is one area which has always been hard to venture into with most of the manufacturers just concentrating on the general picture of the anti-barking devices. What needs to be done is that the dog owner applies his discretion in making sure that the best choice is made.